Fleape is a mysterious voice who talked in Ruff's ear with a sultry Latin voice in "Ruff Needs His Herring Checked," giving him advice on wooing Charlene. At first, Ruff thought that maybe he was the only one who could hear the voice because of his sensitive dog hearing, but when he could still hear the voice after using a noise-cancellation box, he began to think he was losing his mind. The voice actually turned out to be a flea who had taken up residence in Ruff's ear. In "Wolfing Down Some Barbeque" he advises Ruff to make better barbeque. He appears on a game on the website telling Ruff about a freeze dance party hosted by Chet. Ruff shows him a clip of The Legend of Ruffman's gold". He also might have appeared in the Season 2 episode CSI Ruff.
- "The way to her heart is to make the gift, not buy it." (first line overall, also first line in Ruff Gets His Herring Checked)
- "You, Ruff, are like a big orange Brussel sprout to her, something she does not like, and yet you can be sweet company with a nutritious lunch."
- "But how to bring the Brussel sprout and cookie into harmony, for she is a delicate flower that will wilt if the vegetable clashes with the sugary treat."
- (after the Half-Time Quiz Show) "Wow! That was exciting! What do they win, a car?"
- "Your jokes are just not that funny."
- "Hello, my name is Fleape. If you don't mind, I'd like to go back here. Ba-bing!" (first onscreen appearance)
- "You can, Ruffio! With your new improved barbecue sauce, they'll love your donuts and broccoli." (first line in Wolfing Down Some Barbecue)
- "Ruff, you keep working the sauce. It is most important. I will do the quiz show."
- (in a note to Ruff): "Goodbye Ruff, I've always wanted to see Yellowstone, so I'm hitching a ride with your relatives.</p>